This video provides a step-by-step walkthrough of the test, including how to properly collect your blood and DNA samples. You’ll complete the test at home, and the entire process spans about 2.5 hours (which includes some in-between time where you’re free to kick back and relax).
Before the test, you’ll need to fast for 10 hours. Fasting means no food or beverages, with the exception of water, which is encouraged.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Measure your core (a.k.a. waist) using the provided tape measure
- Collect three DNA samples by swabbing the inside of your cheeks
- Drink the Habit Challenge™ Shake, which is used to test how your body handles carbs, fat and protein
- Perform three finger pricks to gather drops of blood (one time before you drink the shake, two times after you drink it)
- Weigh yourself on a scale
- Answer an online questionnaire to give us information about yourself
This gathers all the information we need to get a holistic view of your nutrition-related biology. Using this info, we personalize your nutrition plan to your unique needs.
For more info, see: “What is included in my results? What will I learn?”